You can easily block https://www.weeblywebsitebuilder.com/ or redirect an internet site utilizing settings on your firewall or router. But did you know you can easily block or redirect web sites Active that is using Directory Services (DNS) also? Just make use of these actions.
This guide assumes you’ve got Administrator liberties in your Active Directory Environment, with use of Microsoft Management Console.
Producing Ahead Lookup Zone
- Select “Start“, type “mmc.exe“, then push “Enter“.
- The Microsoft Management Console seems. Select “File” > “Add/Remove Snap In…“.
- Include the “DNS” snap in, then select “OK“
- Select “DNS” regarding the pane that is left. You ought to be prompted to “Connect to DNS Server“. Select “This computer” if you’re logged to the DNS host, or select “The following computer” and enter the domain title or internet protocol address regarding the DNS host you intend to hook up to. Select “OK” if you are done.
- Now expand the host title under DNS and“Forward that is right-click Lookup” and select “New Zone“.
- This new Zone Wizard seems. Choose “Next”.
- Choose “Primary Zone“, then select “Next“.
- Choose “To all DNS servers operating on domain controllers in this domain“, select“Next“ then.
- The URL for the website you wish to block (i.e for the “Zone name“, type. facebook.com, reddit.com, etc.), then select “Next“.
- Select “Do not allow powerful updates“, then select “Next” > “Finish“. At this point you have actually set a Forward Lookup Zone that may “take over” any requests compared to that domain on your own system.
Note: it could take some time with this environment to propagate to consumers. You might want to restart, or use the/flushdns that are ipconfig to be sure DNS questions aren’t cached at all.
Redirecting the URL
You can use these steps if you would like to redirect the URL to another URL: